TABLE OF CONTENTS
Keep track of supervisors, contract signers, executive champions, and other acquaintances by creating Work Study contact records.
Before creating a new contact, please verify that the contact does not already exist by using the Global Search Bar, located at the top of every Salesforce page.
To create a contact record quickly with minimal details, use the global action:
1. Click the [+] symbol at the top right corner of any screen in WSF.
2. Select "New Work Study Contact".
3. In the box that appears in the lower right corner, fill out any fields for which you have information. Only Last Name and Account are required to save, but First Name and Work Email are strongly recommended for all contacts. If you enter a phone number (work and/or mobile), be sure to select their preferred number from Preferred Phone.
4. Click Save.
If you have more details for a contact that you would like to enter when creating, such as multiple email addresses, department name, or mobile phone:
1. Navigate to the contact's account record. If you have not yet made an account record for this individual, create the account first.
2. Click on the Contacts tab on the account record page and click New.
3. Select "Work Study Contact" and click Next.
4. Fill out any fields for which you have information. Only Last Name and Account are required to save, but First Name and Email are strongly recommended for all contacts.
If you enter more than one email address, select a Preferred Email using the dropdown list. This will determine which email address displays at the top of the screen, as well as which address is used when emailing contacts out of Salesforce. Follow the same steps if you enter more than one phone number using the Preferred Phone field.
By default, a contact will be affiliated with an account upon creation, assuming the Account field was accurately completed. However, you can affiliate contacts with other accounts using Affiliations. This could be useful if a contact leaves one company to work at another, if a contact works at one partner but has a relationship with a separate partner, or if you want to assign job committee or board members to various accounts.
1. Navigate to the contact's record page and review the Affiliated Accounts section to the right. To update an affiliation's role or status, you can click the down arrow next to their record. To create a new affiliation, click the down arrow next to the Affiliated Accounts (X) header and click New.
2. Enter any relevant fields:
a. Select the Organization with which this contact is affiliated. Remember, this does not need to be the company where the individual works but rather any organization with which the person has a meaningful and relevant relationship from a CWSP perspective.
b. Contact should be prefilled.
c. Choose the Role that best defines this person's relationship with the company. If you do not see an appropriate role, select "Other" and explain the role in the Description field (h).
d. You can mark a person's Status as Current or Former. This is useful if an individual transitions from one partner (former) to another (current).
e. The Start Date field is optional - if you know when the relationship between the contact and the organization began, enter it here.
f. The End Date field is also optional - if you know when the relationship between the contact and the organization ended, such as the date of transition, enter it here.
g. If the person's main relationship from a CWSP perspective is with this organization (eg the individual works at this company), check the Primary box.
h. Enter any other relevant information in Description.
3. Click Save.
You can also affiliate contacts with specific opportunities by using contact roles.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article