TABLE OF CONTENTS
To prepare for the 2023-2024 school year, you will need to validate your current student data. This includes updating their grade levels, verifying current information, and filling out missing information. You will complete this process 3 times: 11th to 12th grade, 10th to 11th grade, and 9th to 10th grade. Importing new student information (incoming 9th graders and transfer students) will occur later in the summer.
Updating Grade Levels
It is very important that you start with the 11-12 list and work your way down the grade levels (10-11, then 9-10 last). Do not start at 9-10 and work up; doing so will combine students from different graduation years into a single list. To avoid completing the grade levels out of order, we recommend that just one CWSP team member completes the student grade level updates for your school.
1. Confirm you are in the CWSP Operations app. You can switch to this app using the app picker to the top left of any screen.
2. Navigate to the first Data Validation contact list view by clicking on the "Contacts" tab, clicking the dropdown menu, and selecting the "Data Validation - 11-12" list view (or whichever was your highest grade level last school year). You may have to scroll all the way down to "All Other Lists" to find the view.
3. Review the students who appear in this list (be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to ensure the full list loads).
4. Select the checkboxes for all 11th graders who are moving to 12th grade. Leave students who are repeating a grade or have unenrolled unselected.
5. Hover over any cell under "Current Grade Level" and click the pencil icon that appears.
6. Select "Twelfth Grade" from the dropdown list, click "Update X selected items", and click Apply. Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
7. Refresh the list by clicking the Refresh symbol to the top right of the list view.
8. Select the checkboxes for any students who have unenrolled. Hover over any cell under "Current Grade Level" and click the pencil icon that appears. Select "Unenrolled", click "Update X selected items", and click Apply. Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
9. Refresh the list. The only remaining students should be those who are repeating a grade grade. Update their graduation year by selecting their records, hovering over a "HS Graduation Year" cell, choosing "2024", and clicking Apply then Save.
10. Repeat steps 2-9 for 10-11 then 9-10.
Editing or Adding Student Information
Once you have finished updating grade levels, you can use the 9-10, 10-11 and 11-12 list views in the same way you would update a spreadsheet.
- If you are missing a few random values, such as a student's birthdate, you can hover over each cell, click the pencil icon, update the value, and click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are missing many values and each value is different, such as IDs or mobile phone numbers, you can click on each cell one at a time and update each value. You only need to click Save one time once you are done updating all of the cells.
- If you are missing values from entire columns but many should have the same value, such as gender, you can use the same method you used to update grade levels by selecting the students' checkboxes, clicking a cell in the appropriate column, updating the value and selecting "Update X selected items", then clicking Apply then Save.
- You can leave and come back to these list views at any time to edit or add student information (as long as you click save before navigating away), and all team members can use the same views. The only process that should be done by one person in a specific order is updating grade levels.
- To see a specific student's record, click on their full name.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article