Customizing List Views: Adjusting Displayed Fields
After reviewing existing, standard list views in Gradforce, you may want to adjust the information you see. One way to do this is by defining the fields you'd like to display. List views are similar to a standard spreadsheet: records are represented by rows, fields are represented by columns, and the intersecting cells are the individual record field values. In this document, we will discuss customizing the "columns", or fields. To define the "rows", or records, that you wish to see, take a look at this doc.
- Identify a standard list view to clone. You can choose a list view that comes fairly close to the records and fields you want to see to minimize the adjustments you need to make, but you will ultimately be able to customize any view to fit your requirements.
- Using the gear to the top right of the view, select Clone.
- Enter a name for your list view and click Save.
- Use the gear icon again to choose Select Fields to Display.
- Scroll through Available Fields to locate the fields you'd like to display in your list view. You will see there are a lot of available fields; it's helpful to identify ahead of time the information you are hoping to see in your list view and jot down the fields to look for.
- Once you have found a field, select it, click the right arrow, then move the field up or down in the Visible Fields list. Do this until you have moved over every field you want to display in your list view.
- To remove fields, go through the steps in reverse: select the field from Visible Fields and click the left arrow.
- Once you are comfortable with the fields that will display on your list view, click Save.
- Review the resulting list view. If you need to adjust the fields, repeat steps 4-8 until your list view displays the information you need.
- After you confirm the "columns" displayed in your list view, consider filtering your "rows" so you see only the records relevant to you project.