Common Enrollment, Persistence, and Graduation Questions
Alumni advisors are often asked to provide metrics on alumni enrollment, persistence, and graduation. Use the list below to find help docs on commonly-requested reports and dashboards.
- How many students are enrolled in college? 4-year vs 2-year? In-state vs out-of-state? See here.
- How many students are enrolled in “College X"? What are our top colleges for college enrollment? See here.
- How many students are currently enrolled in one of our University Partners? See here.
- How can I create an email list or mailing list of all alumni or just alumni who are enrolled in college? See here.
Retention & Persistence
- Student Retention: What percentage of the class of 2020 who enrolled at some point in their first year stayed in the same college, transferred to a different college, or withdrew in year 2? See here.
- College Retention: What percentage of the class of 2020 who enrolled in “College X” in their first year are persisting in the same college in year 2? See here.
- How many of our alumni have graduated from college? 4-year vs 2-year? By class year? See here.
- What degrees have our alumni received, and in what majors? See here.
- How many of our alumni have graduated from "College X"? What are our top colleges for college graduation? See here.
- What is our six-year college completion rate for class years 2012-2015? What is our average six-year college completion rate? See here.
The following reports are not currently possible but will be available by the end of the calendar year:
- What percentage of (total graduates, a specific grad class, or students who enrolled in “X College”) is currently persisting in any college?
- Non-retained students: what would you want to know about them? E.g. how many transfer immediately? How many transfer down to a two-year college?