Creating a Renewal Opportunity
While a renewal will be automatically generated when a new job opportunity closes, there may be times when you need to create an ad hoc renewal opportunity.
- Click the down arrow next to Opportunities in your navigation bar and click +New Opportunity.
- Select "Renewal".
- Fill out the Opportunity Information fields:
To avoid duplicates, it is recommended that you always search for an account in the Global Search bar before creating a new one.
- While Opportunity Name is a required field, the field value will be overwritten by a predefined naming convention, so you can type a random string of letters into this box.
- Pick the date by which you would like this opportunity to be closed.
- If you have already created the account, search for it under Accounts. If you have not yet created the account, you can click +New Accounts from the dropdown.
- Select an appropriate stage.
- The Probability value will update automatically depending on the stage, but you can override it with your own value if preferred.
- Select the school year for which you are selling this renewal opportunity.
- Choose the funding category (paid, funded, unpaid, etc) that applies to this opportunity.
- Update the Renewal Details section with any additional information you might have, such as how likely the partner is to renew and last year's information.
- Add in the anticipated job size - as a default, this would be the partner's FTE count from the past year.
- Skip the following sections for now and click Save.
- Throughout the sales process, you can update any value by clicking the pencil icon next to a field. You can also update multiple opportunities at once by using the Quick Edit list views.