Excluding and Hiding Specific Emails
Emails sent to and received from your contacts are automatically logged to their corresponding records inside of Salesforce through Einstein Activity Capture. Typically, you and other CWSP team members at your school can see these emails and events. You can control who sees certain emails by either excluding email addresses or marking specific messages as private.
Exclude Specific Email Addresses
To prevent all emails and events associated with a specific email address from logging to Salesforce:
- Navigate to your personal settings by clicking your avatar in the top right corner (you can change this avatar by following these instructions).
- In the menu that appears to the left, select Email, Einstein Activity Capture, then Excluded Addresses.
- Add email addresses for individuals whose emails and events you do not want to appear in Salesforce. Click Add after typing in each email address.
- The email addresses and added dates will appear in the list below the box.
Hide Individual Email Messages
To hide specific email content from other team members:
- Navigate to the contact record's activity timeline and select the message you wish to hide.
- Select "Shared with 1 Activity Group" and choose Don't Share. Click Save. You will still be able to see the message, but its contents will be hidden from your team members.
Update Default Sharing Settings
To update your default Einstein Activity Capture sharing settings for all synced emails and events:
- Navigate to your personal settings by clicking your avatar in the top right corner.
- In the menu that appears to the left, select Email, Einstein Activity Capture, then Sharing Settings.
- Click Change.
- Select your preferred default activity sharing setting:
- Do not select "Share with Everyone".
- Recommended: Select "Share with My Chatter Groups" and select your school's CWSP team. Selecting your CWSP team's chatter group in your sharing settings defaults email visibility to your CWSP team. Emails you send to and from contacts that have Salesforce records will be visible to your team members.
- If you would like your emails to be visible only to you, you can select "Don't Share". This will hide all email contents from your own team, limiting the usefulness of Einstein Activity Capture.
- Click Save.