Gradforce Reports: Class of 2020 Student Retention
This article is part of our help doc series on Gradforce reports. For more report help docs, please click here.
Use this report to answer the following question:
- What percentage of the class of 2020 who enrolled at some point in their first year stayed in the same college, transferred to a different college, or withdrew in year 2?
Navigating to the Report
- Click on the Dashboards tab.
- In the menu, click All Dashboards.
- Select Detailed School Enrollment Dashboard.
- Locate the report to the right called Persistence Breakdown - Class of 2020.
Enrollment Comparison Categories
- Started 2 yr, Currently 4 yr: the student's first Year 1 college was a 2-year institution and now the student is enrolled in a 4-year institution (see "Notes" below for more information on first/most recent college).
- Started 4 yr, Currently 2 yr: the student's first Year 1 college was a 4-year institution and now the student is enrolled in a 2-year institution (see "Notes" below for more information on first/most recent college).
- Same College: the student's most recent fall 2021 college matches their first Year 1 college.
- No Fall 2021 Enrollment: the student did not enroll in fall of 2021 or the advisor marked the student as not enrolled for fall of 2021.
- 4 Year, Different College: the student's first Year 1 college does not match their most recent college for fall 2021, but both colleges are 4-year institutions.
- 2 Year, Different College: the student's first Year 1 college does not match their most recent college for fall 2021, but both colleges are 2-year institutions.
To see which students fall under each Enrollment Comparison category:
- Click "View Report: (Persistence Breakdown - Class of 2020)".
- In the bottom toolbar, toggle Detail Rows. Grouped by Enrollment Comparison category, you will now see, for each student:
- Their full name
- Their first college term, as determined by college term enrollment begin dates
- Their most recent college term, as determined by college term enrollment begin dates
- Their most recent college term enrollment status, if provided by NSC
- To find a specific student:
- Click the magnifying glass to the top right corner of the report.
- Type in the student's first, last, or full name. You may have to click through the down arrow to find the student.
Notes and Tips
- If a student has two concurrent enrollments for fall 2021, the college term record with the most recent "Enrollment Begin" date will determine the student's "current" college. If you see that a student's current college is incorrect, you can submit an NSC override by following these steps.
- If a student had two concurrent enrollments their first semester of 2020, the college term record with the first "Enrollment Begin" date will determine the student's "first" college.
- Any students who enrolled at some point between July 24, 2020 - April 30, 2021 are included in this report.
- Students who changed campuses within a college/university may show as "different college".