Creating a New Job Opportunity
If you have entered into active discussions with a potential partner and know which school year you are selling for, you can create a new job opportunity. If you were referred to a company but have not yet made contact, create a new prospect instead.
- Click the [+] symbol at the top right corner of any screen in WSF.
- Select "New Job Opportunity".
- In the box that appears in the lower right corner, fill out the following fields:
To avoid duplicates, it is recommended that you always search for an account in the Global Search bar before creating a new one.
- While Opportunity Name is required, the field value will be overwritten by a predefined naming convention, so you can leave this field as-is.
- Pick the date by which you would like this opportunity to be closed.
- If you have already created the account, search for it under Accounts. If you have not yet created the account, you can click +New Accounts from the dropdown.
- Select an appropriate stage. Since this is a new job, you most like will not choose a "Closed" stage yet.
- If known and applicable, use the dropdown list to choose the number of paid FTEs you are hoping to assign to this partner.
- If known and applicable, use the dropdown list to choose the number of funded FTEs you are hoping to assign to this partner.
- If known and applicable, use the dropdown list to choose the number of unpaid FTEs you are hoping to assign to this partner.
- Students Per FTE is a required field but has been prefilled with your school's settings, so leave this value as-is.
- Click Save. A green banner should appear near the top of the page; to access your new opportunity, click the opportunity name.
- Throughout the sales process, you can update any value on an opportunity by clicking the pencil icon next to a field. You can also update multiple opportunities at once by using the Quick Edit list views.