Creating a New Prospect
A prospect is a company that you have identified as a potential partner but with whom you have not yet had targeted discussions. It is an unqualified new opportunity. If you are already in active discussions with a company, create a new job opportunity instead.
- Click the [+] symbol at the top right corner of any screen in WSF.
- Select "New Prospect Opportunity".
- In the box that appears in the lower right corner, fill out the following fields:
To avoid duplicates, it is recommended that you always search for an account in the Global Search bar before creating a new one.
- While Opportunity Name is required, the field value will be overwritten by a predefined naming convention, so you can leave this field as-is.
- Close Date is required but does not impact the functionality of prospects. Since prospects do not have a logical close date, this value is defaulted to the end of the calendar year.
- If you have already created the account, search for it under Accounts. If you have not yet created the account, you can click +New Accounts from the dropdown.
- Select an appropriate stage.
- If you already have a path to meet with a decision-maker, enter the details into this field (optional).
- Enter your next steps for this prospect (optional).
- Click Save.
- As you attempt to engage with your prospect, continue editing fields and moving the opportunity through the pipeline.
- Once you have begun discussing the Work Study program with the prospect, you have two options:
- Move to Active Pipeline - you have a firm target year in mind and are ready to start actively selling to this potential partner. Choosing this stage will transform the prospect into a New Job, retaining all of the prospect information but allowing for new information such as FTE count and contracting.
- Closed - No Further Pursuit - there is a clear, firm reason why this company will or should never become a partner. Choosing this stage will close the opportunity record, saving it for future reference but removing it from all open opportunity lists and reports.