Students - Submitting Time Cards
A Corporate Work Study staff member will send time cards each day that you work, and you should fill it out and submit it once you've finished your work day.
If you receive your time card before the end of the work day, it's tempting to fill it out right away. It's best practice to wait until your work day is over so that you're sure your end time and activities are accurate and complete.
- Check your school e-mail account. You should have an e-mail with the subject "Please fill out your time card for m/d/yyyy." Open that e-mail.
- In the e-mail, click on the big Fill out your time card button.
- Fill out each section of your time card:
Select the hours that you were actually at work, not the hours that you were supposed to be at work. For example, if you usually work until 5:00 PM, but had to leave at 3:00 PM today, select 3:00 PM for your end time.
- Supervisor: If you work with more than one person at your company, choose the supervisor you worked with that day. If you only have one supervisor, you won't be able to choose someone else.
- Hours: Select the time you began work, the time you completed your work day, and how long your lunch break was. Round your time to the nearest 15-minute selection.
Try to be as specific as possible. Each time card is a written record that is helpful when you write a resume, and your Corporate Work Study staff wants to know what your day was like.
- Today's Activities: Enter a detailed description of what you did at work. This will be shared with your supervisor and Corporate Work Study staff.
- Submit your time card by click on the Submit button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- That's it! You'll see a confirmation page with all the information you filled out.
You'll also receive an e-mail receipt. Keep this receipt in case you need it in the future.
Can't find your time card? Try some of the following tips: (1) Use the search box of your e-mail account and type in "time card." Sometimes time cards get delivered to a student's spam folder. (2) For Office365 users, sometimes time cards get delivered to your "Focused" inbox. (3) If you still can't find your time card, talk to a member of the CWSP staff. They can double-check that you were sent a time card on a particular date and can resend a time card to you if necessary.